Whether you are recruiting students locally or globally, marketing and public relations are a critical component of language program administration and management.
Learning a language challenges us, enriches us and opens our minds like no other discipline.
As we learn a new language, we challenge ourselves to understand others in new ways, we become more compassionate, more understanding, and more aware of ourselves as global citizens.
Language learning enriches us as humans.
That’s the real reason we learn, teach and promote second and foreign languages.
Check out this free, 5-part video series on marketing for literacy and language programs. This is a video presentation from a live speaking event at the Spotlight on Learning Conference. You’ll also want to check out Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and Part 5. (All 5 parts are about an hour in total.) Here’s Part 1:
On this site, you’ll find resources on how to market and promote your second or foreign language courses, or even a literacy program, more powerfully.
What kind of programs and professionals can benefit from the resources we share here? All kinds! Here some examples:
- English as a Second or Foreign Language (ESL or EFL)
- Teachers of English as a Second, Foreign or Other Language (TESL, TEFL, TESOL)
- Literacy Programs with ESL learners
- Modern, Second and Foreign Language Programs including French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese and other modern languages
- Heritage Languages
- Community-based Language Programs